Call for Special Sessions
To enhance the technical program and focus on specific topics and areas, CONTROLO 2022 will include special sessions, in addition to regular ones. Special sessions can cover subjects or cross-subjects belonging to the topics of interest, or novel topics related with the ones identified within the topics of interest. Special sessions can also have the drive from specific R&D projects or clusters of projects, namely EU-sponsored R&D projects.
If you intend to propose and organize a special session, please submit a proposal using the template (download it here; in some browsers, it is required to press the mouse right button and select “Save link as”) to email@example.com, and including the following information:
- Title of the Special Session;
- Brief description of the area of concern (approx. 120 words excluding the list of topics), with special focus on why we should believe this is an interesting and significant topic;
- The name and contact information of special session organizers (multi‐nationals preferred), who are willing to promote and organize a sufficient amount of quality submissions to the special session. Please also include a short CV of the organizers;
- A list of international potential reviewers, their affiliations, and emails (8 minimum);
- An individual can be (co‐)organizer of up to TWO Special Sessions, and cannot submit more than two papers as (co-)author per Special Session.
Special Session Proposal date: please check important dates here.
Organization of special sessions
Once approved, it is the duty of the Special Session Organizers to publicize the Special Session among researchers and practitioners in the field and attract a sufficient number of papers.
Papers submitted to special sessions will undergo the same review process as regular papers. The Technical Program Chairs are responsible for organizing the review process, assuring at least three reviews per paper.
A minimum of 6 accepted papers with authors from at least 3 independent institutions (other than the organizers’ institutions) is required for each session. If a session has too few papers, accepted papers will be allocated to regular sessions wherever possible.
Organizers of a successful Special Session will get a free registration for every 5 papers not authored by any of the organizers and finally included in the program. The organizers can use this registration by themselves when registering to attend the conference.
When a SS is finally accepted by the conference, SS organizers will serve as Session chairs in the conference. In some extenuated circumstances, Technical Program chairs and Conference General Chairs might take up the full control of appointing the Session Chairs should the SS organizers unable to participate in the conference.