Panel Title: Interaction between Industry and Academia
– Luís Brito Palma, NOVA University Lisbon, Portugal
– Fernando Correia, Nokia, Portugal
– Iven Mareels, IBM & University of Melbourne, Australia
– Victor Venâncio Dias, Ihm/Stefanini, Brazil
Abstract: Interaction between industry and research/development (R&D) institutions can be conceptualized as having three main stages: agents of interaction, channels of interaction, and the potential benefits from collaboration.
This panel intends to discuss relevant topics in this theme, namely methodologies to improve relations between industry and academia, so that R&D projects have greater relevance from the point of view of impact on society, the formation of human resources with more or less scientific/technological profile, the interaction between humans and machines, the transfer of knowledge between entities, among others.
Panel Title: New perspectives in Engineering Education
– Luís Gomes, NOVA University Lisbon
– Teresa Restivo, University of Porto (Q1) (Q2)
– António Teixeira, Universidade Aberta
– João Correia de Freitas, NOVA University Lisbon
– Paulo Moura Oliveira, University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro
– André Silva, Universidade da Beira Interior
Abstract: This panel is planned to discuss new challenges on engineering education covering new curricula requirements and structure as well as on lifelong training to assist employees and entrepreneurs in keeping up with current technologies. The discussions also address recent challenges and adopted strategies to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 pandemic, namely in terms of support for experimentation, which is of paramount importance within engineering courses curricula. More info here.